|Here are some things that I look for before joining an affiliate
program. They are items I feel are imperative to being in a
successful affiliate program.
1. The affiliate program has a great payment structure. For me, a
high commission that is also a high percentage of the purchase price
is essential. Nothing under 25% commission.
2. Make sure the affiliate program you are joining has a good looking
site. You do not want to be sending visitors to a site that you do
not like yourself.
3. Make sure they offer a comprehensive affiliate statistics page
that lists the number of click throughs, number of sales and amount
earned. This should be broken down per month.
4. Also make sure that the affiliate statistics are updated
automatically and immediately. You do not want to find out today
about a sale you made a week ago.
5. Ensure they give a wide variety of text links, banners and
graphics to put on your web page. Although I prefer text links,
certain types of banners and graphics still work well.
6. Know how often you are going to be paid. If you are tossing up
between 2 programs and one pays monthly and the other pays quarterly,
the one that pays monthly is better. You do not want to wait months
before getting paid for your hard work!
7. See if the affiliate program gives examples of how the top
affiliates are doing. This can be a great pointer to whether it is
good or not. If some affiliates are earning many thousands per month,
it is a good affiliate program.
8. Along these lines, also see if they give examples of what
marketing methods these successful affiliates are using to get the
9. An affiliate program that offers a special monthly newsletter just
for the affiliates is great. Here you can get extra tips and
techniques that are working well.
10. See if they offer email notification when you make a sale or get
an affiliate signed up under you (if it is a 2-tier program). It is
good to see `You have made another sale' in your inbox.
11. Ensure top level support is given. If they cannot answer your
query straight away make sure they can respond within 48 hours.
There is tremendous demand for affiliate programs and choosing the
right one is no easy task. Make sure you do plenty of research before
About the Author
David McKenzie of
http://www.brisney.com For great ideas on promoting your web site or
marketing your affiliate programs subscribe to our Free twice monthly
newsletter by sending a blank email to mailto:email@example.com
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: