|Marketing affiliate programs is one of the most profitable ways of making money on the Internet!
It's exciting, challenging, and very, very rewarding.
What Is An Affiliate?
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, affiliate means to associate as a member. So, as an affiliate, you associate yourself with the company who's product you want to sell.
What Are Affiliate Programs?
Affiliate programs, also known as associate programs, are set up by companies so that you -- the affiliate -- can sell their product and receive a commission for each sale.
Many companies have more than one product available, giving you a variety to offer your visitors and a greater chance of making money.
What Makes A Good Affiliate Program?
The most important thing to look at is the product offered. You need to be enthusiastic about it so that you can recommend it honestly. That's why it's a good idea to actually use it, if possible.
At the very least, you want to make sure that the product delivers good value to your customers so they will be happy when they buy it and will then rely on your recommendations for other products.
Some points to look for:
- How quickly do they respond to E-mail inquiries?
- Do they have an affiliate agreement on their site that you can read before signing up? A few companies don't let you see this agreement until after you've signed up, requiring you to cancel your account if you don't agree with the terms.
- Do they pay on time?
- Do they have good tracking and stats? This means real-time tracking, which lets you know immediately which of your promotions are working so you can concentrate on those that make you more money.
What To Watch Out For
Be careful of affiliate programs
- With reports of late -- or no -- payments
- With slow or poor support
- With no anti-spamming policy
- That allow spam or even send spam themselves
These are all signs of an affiliate program that isn't looked after properly.
Now, you're probably thinking, "So, how do I find affiliate programs and how do I market them?"
Very good questions.
For a more detailed explanation of affiliate programs, and more great advice for your home-based business, please visit My Home-Based Business Advisor.
My Home-Based Business Advisor
Copyright © by Terry Nicholls. All Rights Reserved.
About the Author
Terry Nicholls writes from his own experience as someone who wanted to start his own home-based business. Now that he has, visit My Home-Based Business Advisor - Helping YOUR Home Business Start and Succeed for free help for YOUR home business, including ideas, startup, and expansion advice.
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: