Build rapport with potential clients easily.
Our challenge as the business owner/sales person answering the telephone, is to build rapport with the caller quickly and easily.
In most cases, the caller has been told something about you and your product or service. It is your job to find out what exactly they are calling about‚ without asking that question directly. Most businesses have a number of products or services that they offer. Talking about all of your products and services to the caller may be a waste of time as they may be interested in only one area. How can you find out what specifically they are calling about.
Here is a question you can ask that will give you a clear indication of what problem they are wanting you to solve with your product or service.
“What was it about the (business card, ad, material, brochure, etc.) that attracted your attention?" or "What was it that Bill (the person who referred you to the caller) said that made you decide to call?"
The persons answer to this question will reveal what their problem or need is. Your job here is to listen‚ listen 80% of the time and ask good questions the other 20% of the time.
Once you have heard why the person is calling then you can direct your attention to solving their problem. This will maximize your time with then and increase you chances of successful sale.
Practice this with a colleague and see and feel how natural this question can be for you.
About the Author
Michael Losier is a Law of Attraction Coach and Practitioner enjoying his life in Victoria, BC. Michael instructs and supports people in understanding and practicing the art of Deliberate Attraction so they can have more of what they want in their lives and less of what they don't want. He can be reached at: Michael@MichaelLosier.com 1-877-550-9282 or visit his website www.LawOfAttraction.CA