1. Look for rebates on basic office supplies. Check sales
circulars for special offers and rebates on items you will
use all the time.
2. Sign up for customer loyalty programs at office supply
stores. Many offer bonus points for initial purchases, and
you will receive specials and coupons because you are a
3. Ask friends and family if they have any desks, chairs,
bookcases, etc. they are replacing- tell them you will be
glad to take any items they donít want. This can get your
office furnished as you are starting out.
4. Garage sales can yield very inexpensive items such as
bulletin boards, file boxes, desk organizers, and storage
5. Search the internet for low cost business cards and
promotional items. Vista Print is a popular choice offering
free business cards- you pay only shipping.
6. Online auction sites are great resources for deals on
items such as shipping supplies and ink cartridges.
7. Sign up for a 6 month no interest credit card to get you
started with inventory and supplies- just make sure you have
a plan in place to pay off the balance in full before the no
interest period ends.
8. Check with different banks and credit unions to see which
offers the best deal for checking accounts and various
9. Donít overlook the obvious- dollar stores are great
resources for pens, pencils, notepads and calendars.
10. Search for websites offering free or low cost
advertising to get your company name out there.
Remember, as your business grows, so will your budget! You
can always upgrade furnishings later. Focus first on keeping
your space functional and organized so that looking for
things doesn't take time away from the most important task
in building your business- working on income producing
About the Author
Paige Pate Hall is a work from home mom and Independent Consultant for Azante Jewelry, a company specializing in handcrafted sterling silver and beaded jewelry.
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: