|A baby’s christening or baptism is a very special occasion. It is the very first step in their spiritual life so there should be as many keepsakes of the day as possible. Since the baby won’t have any first-hand memories of this special day, it’s up to the parents, godparents and family members to create lasting memories for them.
There are always the popular items that make treasured keepsakes, but there are many other ideas that might get overlooked. For instance, are the invitations just for inviting guests to the celebration and providing all the important details? That is their main purpose, but saving just one of them to be framed or placed in a memory album/scrapbook will create a lasting souvenir of the occasion.
Here is a list of some more obvious and not-so-obvious items that make great baptism or christening keepsakes creating lifetime memories for the baby.
• Gown or Outfit – Choosing heirloom quality fabric and taking the proper storage measures will help preserve the gown or outfit for future generations or just for a lasting remembrance.
• Accessories such as shoes, socks, bib, blanket, bonnet, towel, headband, boutonniere - They all add an extra special touch to the gown or outfit and make great mementos.
• Favors – These are perfect for showing appreciation to guests and giving them a take-home token. Many types of favors can be personalized.
• Certificate – This is a great way to create a written record of the baptism or christening that can be framed and displayed.
• Bracelet – What could be more precious and beautiful than a baby bracelet adorning the infant on her special day?
• Personalized Gifts – These are normally items designed specifically for a christening or baptism such as a photo album, photo frame, Bible, cross plaque, doll, prayer bear, or candle. They are extra special because of the personalization.
• Share of Stock with Framed Certificate – This is a gift that will educate and grow with the child throughout their life and the personalized frame will commemorate the date of their baptism or christening.
Godparents, in particular, should really consider giving their godchild a keepsake gift since part of their responsibility is to help the child grow in their spirituality. Since their baptism or christening is the beginning of their spiritual life, it should always be remembered. There are special godchild, goddaughter, and godson gifts available that can be personalized with the baby’s name and the date.
Keepsakes are a wonderful way to honor the memory of a baby’s christening or baptism through the years as they grow, both physically and spiritually.
About the author:
Sara Haese is the owner of http://www.baptism-and-christening-keepsakes.comwhich is your premier online resource for everything you’ll need to make a baptism or christening memorable including gowns, outfits, invitations, favors, personalized gifts, accessories, godparent gifts, etc.
Circulated by Article Emporium
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: