| By: GranMamma
- Car pool. Join your neighbors for shopping and picking up the kids.
- Walk. If your convenient store is just around the corner, you could be getting some great exercise.
- Buy a five-gallon gasoline can and fill it up when prices are low. Then, when prices are outrageous, youíll have something to fall back on.
- Look into public transportation (It just might be a money-saving option)
- Inflate your tires properly - Under-inflated tires can cut fuel economy by 2% per pound. For example, if your tires should be at 32 psi and theyíre actually at 27 psi, your mileage is reduced by 10%.
- Buy gas when the price goes down. Donít wait for the tank to get near empty. If you see a good deal, catch it before itís too late.
- Your carís air conditioner reduces mileage by 10 to 20%. So, if possible, you could try the windows on a nice day.
About the author:
GranMamma is the webmaster at http://www.babynamebox.com- Where you can explore over 6,000 baby names and their meanings. Read articles ranging from parenting and family to home and garden or find the perfect recipe. Be sure to say hi to GranMamma!
Circulated by Article Emporium
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: