|Ebooks can be a powerful tool when it comes to promoting and profiting from your website. To be able to benefit from ebooks, it is important to know how to use them to their full potential.
There are two big ways in which ebooks can be used to benefit you and your site:
Both of these are extremely important. Without promoting your site and receiving enough visitors, it is impossible to profit, which is the ultimate aim of a successful internet business.
Ebooks are especially good for advertising your website. They cost almost nothing to produce and can be easily distributed via an email. You can either use an ebook which you have created yourself, or you can use another author’s ebook, provided you have permission. Here is how to advertise your site to unknown levels using an ebook:
- Use an ebook with a broad appeal, so as to achieve a maximum range of interest from many people. However, try to keep the ebook relevant to your site’s subject matter. This way, those who travel to your site through the ebook will find more that interests them on your site. This is how to turn browsers of your ebook into buyers on your site.
- Once you have chosen your ebook’s subject try to write the content similarly to your site. Add a link to the site you want to promote at the beginning and end of every page in the ebook. Make sure that these links are visible, and that it is made clear to the viewer where these links go to. Within the content of the ebook, while talking about something which can be found directly at your site, a link can also be added. However, make sure not to clutter your ebook with links and ads. This looks unprofessional and gives viewers a bad impression.
- Having finished the ebook’s content, check furiously for spelling mistakes or missing punctuation. These mistakes lead the viewer to believe that the author is unprofessional and even that the site may be insecure and badly run.
- Now comes a crucial part. Make sure on the very front of the ebook, or somewhere where everyone will be able to see, that you have put a statement such as this:
“You may redistribute this ebook freely so long as the content inside remains the same”
This will mean that anyone you receives your ebook will be able to pass it on, so long as they don’t change it. Given the fact that ebooks are a very popular form of displaying information nowadays, people are very likely to give your ebook away, whether it be a freebie on their site or a gift to newcomers. More and more people will have a copy of your ebook, with your link which goes straight back to your site. People are bound to click on your link if they’re interested.
- Now with your completed ebook, you can start distributing. Give it to all your friends and family and anyone else who you know. Tell them to distribute it everyone in their email address book. Do not be afraid to contact a site which sells or gives away ebooks and ask them if they will distribute it. The chances are that they will. Big ebook sites need new ebooks to keep going. Contact sites which have a similar subject matter as the subject of your ebook and ask them if they will distribute it. Don’t forget to distribute your ebook freely on your own site, because this will gain your site popularity. If you need help distributing your ebook, my site http://www.info-ebooks.co.uk would be happy to distribute it for you.
Once you have distributed a number of copies, if you have distributed it well to many sets of people, your ebook will soon do its work. People will start clicking on your links from all over the web and in addition, you have also made a small name for yourself on the web. This will increase the popularity and trust in your site.
Obviously through the promoting of your website using ebooks, the profits will increase. However, there are other ways in which to profit using ebooks:
- The most obvious way to make money through ebooks is by selling them. However, there are already many huge companies doing this and it is hard for little companies and websites to keep up. Nevertheless, try to offer just that little bit extra on your ebook deal compared to everyone else’s. You have to try and make your deal seem special. Add a couple of bonuses and maybe a useful bit of software too.
- Profit through ebooks by offering them as a bonus with another, more expensive product you are selling on your website. You would be surprised at how a browser will choose your product over others, just because your product has an ebook free with it. If you can make this ebook relevant to the item you are coupling it with, or you could make the ebook yourself, then more people will buy from you and people will be prepared to pay more. The ebook costs you nothing either so it is a perfect give-away.
- Affiliate links can also be posted in ebooks you create yourself. Earn yourself money by placing these links in relevant places in the content of the ebook. For example if your ebook talks about music, then include a link to a popular music website which you know will give you a slice of the profits if a sale is made. If your ebook is distributed correctly, your affiliate link could be viewed by thousands of people per week. The site I recommend for affiliate marketing is http://www.clickbank.com.
- Also think about putting a very limited amount of ads in your ebook. Many companies will pay you to put an ad in your ebook. However, there is a very fine line between making money through ads and losing money due to too many unprofessional ads. Try to make your ads blend into your ebook and make them relevant to the subject matter too.
Most importantly with ebooks, always be thinking of new ways in which you think you could distribute them or use them to profit. Creativity is a key part of a successful ebook marketing campaign.
Thankyou for reading – William Johnston
About the Author
William Johnston is the owner of http://www.info-ebooks.co.uk
For 100s of free ebooks and software products about making and developing a successful online business go to http://www.info-ebooks.co.uk
Please feel free to use this article in your ezine or on your website so long as the content is not changed.
Thankyou for reading - William Johnston
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: