|Copyright 2005 strength-training-woman.com
"Women are finally warming up to free weights, and it is a beautiful thing!" states Lynn VanDyke, owner of http://strength-training-woman.com. It's true that women are recognizing strength training as a major player in the battle against fat loss. Here are the top 10 benefits women receive from strength training:
1) Increased Metabolic Rate- adding muscle increases our metabolism naturally.
2) Increasing and Restoring Bone Density- prevent and fight osteoporosis by building strong bones.
3) Increased Lean Muscle Mass- each pound of lean muscle mass burns 35-50 calories per day.
4) Injury Prevention- a solid foundation strengthens our bones, ligaments, and tendons.
5) Improved Balance- strong leg and core muscles help stabilize us.
6) Decreased Risk of Coronary Disease- strength training can reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
7) Aids Rehabilitation and Recovery- the best way to strengthen and recover from an injury is to slowly build your strength around the injured area.
8) Enhanced Performance in Sports, Exercise and Life In General- climbing stairs, carrying the kids, or walking with your spouse becomes more enjoyable.
9) Aging Gracefully- strong muscles build a strong body. Strength training and fitness can help keep aging bodies in well-working condition.
10) Feeling Better and Looking Better- strength training reduces overall body fat, it tones our muscles and it builds confidence.
These top 10 benefits all come for free when you begin a proper strength training routine. Be sure to check with your doctor before beginning any new fitness program.
About the author:
Lynn VanDyke is the proud owner of http://strength-training-woman.com/31-no-holds-barred-answers.html. Her newest ebook has been rated the ##1 Fitness ebook on the net by the No Limits subscribers.
Circulated by Article Emporium
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: