Confused?? What to give your Boss on his/her birthday??
Birthdays are always special for the person as well as for his/her friends. Friends, relatives and loved ones make the birthday more special with the gifts, cards, flowers and loads of love. It becomes a little difficult to choose the suitable gift for someone special.
Choosing a perfect gift for a perfect someone always depends upon relationships. You should always take care of the depth of your relations before choosing a gift. Iíve always found it a little difficult to buy gifts for my dear Boss. Yes, he has always been very dear to me. It was my first job and he was my first BOSS in life. He has always been very helpful to me, guiding me towards the right way and teaching me the skills of professionalism. He was caring, understanding yet too professional.
It was the time when I thought of giving him something on his birthday. Well, it was a brainstorming session for me though ultimately I was satisfied to see the special smile on his face. It was a bouquet of YELLOW roses, fresh from the garden and a Pen set. So simple yet these made him delighted.
The next year as his birthday was coming, my mind was again engrossed in thinking about the perfect gift for him. One day as I was talking to him, just asked him what kind of movies he likes to watch. He mentioned ďBorn-FreeĒ as one of his most favourite ones. Gotchaaa! He didnít have the CD (though he has a large collection of CDs)!
Guess what? I bought that for him. As usual along with a bouquet of yellow roses, I gave him that CD. Ohh..I remember the way he felt happy while unwrapping it very carefully. His loving smile was the best gift to me at that point of time. Actually, I feel if you want to posses something very dearly and keenly and get that as a GIFT, you would be very happy. Isnít it?
Generally the relation with your Boss is delicate and formal. So, gifts should not be too personal. That was my personal experiences. Now, on the basis of that let me give you some useful tips,
Try it out!!!
- Nothing could be compared to books if you know his choice.
- Audio CDs and VCDs are also very precious as gifts.
- Hey, what about a leather Organizer!! He must be feeling proud of your choice.
- A good leather folder would be appropriate to complement his position.
- A Shirt ( prefer ladiesí choice!!).
- Add some special touch with a bouquet of flowers and a real good card.
- She might like a good coffee mug.
- A smart looking purse could make her smile.
- Books!!Yah, Iíll again suggest books for her,too.
- Is she fond of dogs as pets? What about gifting her a small, lovely puppy in a busket?
- A stylish watch can be a good gift.
- Any good looking show piece, may be for her home/office.
- Donít forget a huge bouquet of roses and a decent card.
These are very few ideas which just came into my mind. I guess there are lots and lots of things to give but be sure they donít be personal enough. For example, you can avoid things like,
- Dress materials.
However, before busying something do a good research and find out something which will be the best for your BOSS. It should be filled with respect, wrapped with care and glittered with admiration. Boss is BOSS after all!!
About The Author
Paromita Chowdhury is working as content writer for