|Cookies are a very popular treat at any party event and as a snack in general. There are now hundreds of different types of cookies that can be served to your guests and at parties. In case you are having difficulty choosing which flavors to serve, here are the five most popular cookie flavors based on our research study:
1. Chocolate Chip - This should be no surprise but chocolate chip tops the list by a landslide. Every cookie maker offers chocolate chip cookies, a delicious combination of batter and chocolate. Chocolate chip cookies were actually invented in the 1900's by Ruth Wakefield and have remain strong in popularity since then.
2. Fortune Cookies - Fortune cookies have also become popular at many occasions. A simple sweet cookie with a message inside that can be customized for any occasion. The history of the fortune cookie dates back to the 13th and 14th century, when secret messages were placed inside of moon cakes to coordinate an uprising against the Mongols, who were known to have no interest in lotus paste. In the mid 1900's, Chinese railroad workers exchanged happy messages in biscuits instead of cakes for their moon festivals. The first automated fortune cookie factory was started in 1964.
3. Sugar Cookies - Sugar cookies are also popular and embody the simple sweetness that people often think about when they think about cookies. This cookie is one of the easiest to make and is a great treat at kid's parties.
4. Peanut butter cookie - Peanut butter has become a favorite flavor among chidren and adults as well. Although use of peanuts in recipes dates back to the early 1900's, it was not until the 1930's when peanuts became a listed cookie ingredient. Since then, peanut butter cookies have enjoyed popularity at bakeries and cookie shops.
5. Oatmeal cookie - In today's health conscious society, oatmeal cookies continue to remain popular. Although they are not entirely healthy, the typically contain less fat than other cookies and still taste great.
Other popular cookies include Oreo cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, chocolate cookies, and Girl Scout cookies, which contain a variety of sweet cookie flavors. Whichever cookies you choose to have at your party, your guests are sure to enjoy this sweet delicious treat.
About the author:
About the Author - Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. For baby shower cookie favors, go to Baby Shower Cookies (http://www.mybabyshowerfavors.com/cookies.htm) and for more baby shower articles and ideas, see Baby Shower Ideas (http://www.mybabyshowerfavors.com/articles). Note: If you find this article useful, you may reprint it on your website, e-zine, or in your newsletter as long as the credits above remain in tact and the hyperlinks stay active.
Circulated by Article Emporium
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: