|Stress is more than just unpleasant. It's dangerous. Try these relaxation techniques today, and use them whenever you feel that tension coming on.
1. Leave the room. This really helps if the things stressing you out are in the room or related to it. Just get out for a little while.
2. Take five deep breaths through your nose. Close your eyes and pay attention only to your breathing while doing this. This is like a mini-meditation.
3. Take a hot shower. The hot water relaxes your muscles, and the break from more stressful activities helps too.
4. Drink chamomile tea. It seems to have a calming effect on the nerves.
5. Stop and watch your mind. Often if you can spot the stressors lurking just below the surface (hunger, worry, a phone call you need to make), you can resolve them and feel more relaxed.
6. Laugh. You know from experience that this helps you relax, right? Find the guy that knows all the best jokes, or just find something funny in front of you.
7. Listen to relaxing music. Keep your favorite relaxation CD at the office, or wherever you'll need it most.
8. Take a walk. This is one of the best relaxation techniques if you have at least ten minutes to spare. Find a pretty place to walk while you're at it.
9. Get a hug. As long as it's from somebody you don't mind hugging you, this really can be relaxing.
10. Break your routine. Talk to that guy sleeping on the bench, or eat lunch on the roof. Anything that breaks you out of your habitual patterns can relieve stress.
Why Easy Relaxation Techniques?
You can change yourself over time, so you're naturally more relaxed. But if the thought of the work involved just stresses you more, you might have to take it slow. In the meantime, the relaxation techniques above really aren't difficult, so why not try one or two today?
About the author:
Steve Gillman writes on many self help topics including boosting brainpower, losing weight, meditation, habits of mind, creative problem solving, learning gratitude, generating luck and anything related to self improvement. You'll find more at http://www.SelfImprovementNow.com
Circulated by Article Emporium
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: