|When it comes to your catering services for your wedding, there are options to make it more affordable. Generally for larger receptions, catering companies will offer discounts on their own.
Saving money on your food and drink can be very easy, but it really depends on how large your reception party will be and what you are planning to serve. I will explain how you can save some money on the catering for your party.
1. You can serve basic entrees where the meals are all inclusive and forego the extras like salads, soups and breads and bring these items yourself.
2. You can choose to go with appetizers instead of full entrees. Many catering companies will offer a variety of appetizers at a special cost.
3. Skip out on the extra services that many catering companies offer such as place settings or servers.
4. Avoid going to a professional caterer and opt instead to use a small restaurants catering services instead.
5. Picking up the food for your reception instead of letting the catering company deliver it can save you a great deal of money.
6. You can always make the food yourself and experiment with many different tastes or prepare all of your best dishes.
7. Tips are generally included in catering packages so you do not have to provide extra tips during the reception unless someone goes out of their way and/or far over the duties
8. Plan your wedding yourself instead of using a wedding planner
9. Limit your transportation costs by booking the services on off seasons or shopping around for the cheapest costs
10. The very last thing that you can do is elope!
These tips can save you a lot of money on catering because when you skip the extras and forego the delivery charges and set up etc. catering companies will give you good prices.
Of course, you can also opt out of full entrees and serve something altogether different. It can be very easy to get good prices on catering services. Perhaps the best way to do this is to simply limit the guests at your reception that you have to serve.
By turning your full reception into a private and intimate celebration, you can limit the amount of guests without offending anyone. Unless you can afford to invite all of your co-workers that you get along with, donít invite any. It is just good etiquette.
About the author:
For more tips and ideas on planning your wedding, check out The Ultimate Online Guide to Wedding Planning
Circulated by Article Emporium
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: