|(ARA) - Now that the days are frosty, and the holidays are on the way, it’s time to get your wardrobe in shape for the winter season. From coats to layering pieces to holiday party essentials, winter fashion offers so much to choose from.
Bright colors, classic outerwear and luxurious fabrics are just some of the trends this winter; but not every look is right for every person. With so much out there, how do we know where to start?
“Rather than just follow the trends, we recommend women choose clothes that really look good on them, and work well for their lifestyles,” says Jim Bradbeer, president of Lilly Pulitzer, a company known for sophisticated casual wear that has recently expanded its collection. “Clothes should make you feel good,” he adds.
So as you head out to find the perfect essentials for this season, don’t let the designers push you around. You want to stay in step with current fashion, but also choose what you genuinely like. Here are some winter trends to keep in mind while you’re shopping:
* Bright colors are in for holiday parties. Spring fashion celebrated bright colors, and the winter clothes are continuing that trend, but with more practical tones. For example, the Lilly Pulitzer line features bright pinks, blues and oranges along with tans and chocolate brown. These bright tones in rich fabrics are paired well with black and neutral basics.
* Get ready for the snow. The outerwear choices this year include the classics updated: toggle coats in bright colors like pink or in plaid patterns, quilted jackets in microfiber in all lengths, and riding jackets in earth tones with corduroy accents.
* Stay warm with luxurious fabrics like cashmere, suede and lambswool this year. You’ll see lots of suede jackets, boots, skirts and pants. The cashmere turtleneck is back in cabled and fine knits; a must-have basic item that will work well as a layering piece. A great way to add color to your wardrobe is with a boldly striped turtleneck like Lilly Pulitzer’s Nora lambswool sweater.
* The mini skirt has returned, and it’s not just for summer. The winter version has been made modern with unexpected colors and patterns; you’ll see some classic tartans, pinstripes and even patchwork and printed stretch corduroy. It should be worn with tights (preferably in a kicky color) and long boots.
* Club clothes. Just because the weather is cooler doesn’t mean you have to give up sports, indoor or outdoor. Lilly Pulitzer fuses fashion and performance with a complete Club line, from warm-ups to windbreakers, skorts to shorts, and polos to pants. Stripes and plaids are perfect for country club chic, or you can stick with solids to get just the right look for the course and courts.
“The main thing is to have fun with your wardrobe; choose clothes that make you smile,” says Bradbeer.
And you can shop for your kids at the same time you are completing your own winter wardrobe. Lilly Pulitzer children’s clothes are a pint-size version of the ladies’ line, reflecting the same color palette and prints (appropriate for infants, toddlers and girls size 4 to 14). The collection is available at 49 Lilly Pulitzer Signature Stores around the country, major department stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s and Nordstrom, and upscale specialty shops nationwide. For more information on these and other products, visit www.lillypulitzer.com.
Courtesy of ARA Content
About the author:
Courtesy of ARA Content
Circulated by Article Emporium
Watch Online Articles with YouTube for Free: